club D

I'm a 38-year-old gal, living in the Washington, DC area, who loves going to concerts of all kinds. My blog tracks most shows I attend. Hope you enjoy, and feel free to comment!

Friday, January 20, 2006

Movin' to the Groove at Wolf Trap

Beverage I recommend to go with this show:
a vodka tonic or a nice amber ale
(plus plenty of water to hydrate yerself
during/after all that dancing)

Every year, Paul Cebar & the Milwaukeeans come around to the Barns at Wolf Trap in Vienna, Virginia. And every year, I catch the show and love it. Cebar labels his music "joyous Afro-Caribbean inspired Americana." I label it a spicy mix of raucous worldbeat sounds. With their blend of funk, blues, swing, zydeco, and Afro-Cuban rhythms, backed by dynamic percussion, the band had the sold-out crowd dancing for nearly three hours on January 15. Be sure to catch these guys when they're next in your hood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home