club D

I'm a 38-year-old gal, living in the Washington, DC area, who loves going to concerts of all kinds. My blog tracks most shows I attend. Hope you enjoy, and feel free to comment!

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Billy at Shea 2008: I'll Be There

First came the news that Billy Joel will play Jazz Fest this year, first weekend of the Fest; I'm going on the second weekend. Argh!

Then came the news that Billy, my musical god practically since birth, would have a concert this summer called "Last Play at Shea," to be the final musical act ever to play Shea Stadium, closing its doors at the end of this season. [Yankee Stadium also closes this year as the team moves to a new stadium across the road. Wonder what Steinbrenner will do to top Shea's last concert!)

Tried to get tickets for that one Wednesday night show but couldn't get through Shea's crammed servers. I felt defeated as I refuse to give into the damn scalpers. Then they added a second show, the last Last Play, on a Friday night. Even better. Got tickets. I'll be screaming from the Loge.

Nothing beats seeing Billy in his hometown, and mine, New York. Always an insanely fun crowd. Plus I can get in my pizza and bagel fix while there. Very, very excited.

Setlist wish: Miami 2017. That alone would make this road trip perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home