club D

I'm a 38-year-old gal, living in the Washington, DC area, who loves going to concerts of all kinds. My blog tracks most shows I attend. Hope you enjoy, and feel free to comment!

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Two Degrees of Separation from
Bret Michaels

I sat down with local guitarist Pete Evick a few weeks ago to interview him for On Tap. I immediately admitted that I grew up on Depeche Mode and was not familiar with the whole hair metal scene. Truth be told, the one time I was ever in Jaxx in Springfield was to see Tower of Power. Anyway, apparently, metal dudes hate the term "hair metal" and prefer just metal. So noted.

He then said, to my amusement, "So you're Euro trash and I'm white trash." And we were off in what became an amusing, often interesting, 2+ hour conversation. Evick is on tour with the Bret Michaels Band for the next couple months. How he came to play for the Poison frontman who is his musical hero is in my story, which appears in the March issue of On Tap. You can read it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home