club D

I'm a 38-year-old gal, living in the Washington, DC area, who loves going to concerts of all kinds. My blog tracks most shows I attend. Hope you enjoy, and feel free to comment!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Radio Deliverance!

Score one for the liberals. After nearly a decade of griping about DC radio, I am proud to have found a station...and it's environmentally friendly, even. The classic rock station 94.7 FM has just morphed into 94.7 the Globe and, thankfully, it's got no ties to Clear Channel. It's a bit of everything that rocks: classic rock to 80s new wave to current alternative and it seems committed to diversity, not lethargic repetition. The other morning, I heard Echo & the Bunnymen, Steve Winwood, and Death Cab for Cutie back to back. Right now, as I slack at work, I'm listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers streaming from their website.

This eco-friendly radio station not only preaches to its listeners ways to become more environmentally conscious, but it's apparently powered entirely with renewable energy. And now they're playing the Smithereens. THANK YOU CBS Radio. I promise to always recycle if you keep this great music coming. Many of us here have been waiting a long, long time for good radio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home