club D

I'm a 38-year-old gal, living in the Washington, DC area, who loves going to concerts of all kinds. My blog tracks most shows I attend. Hope you enjoy, and feel free to comment!

Monday, March 02, 2009

Steve Poltz Is....he just is.

Steve Poltz played two eclectic sets at Lou and Rain's house in East Windsor, NJ on Sunday. One never knows what one will get at a Poltz show. It ranges from somber to quirky, speckled with the unexpected and the outrageous. You will be moved; you will laugh; you will sit there at times in utter disbelief. He is a little nutz and, if you tell him that, he is honored to hear it.

During the break, I introduced myself and told him a little story that wound up making it, in a slightly altered version, into his next set as a dedication. I told him that my boyfriend's ex wasn't into live music and so when Dave and I started dating, we went to see Poltz at Iota, and Dave got sentimental during "You Remind Me Who I Am." Now he can enjoy concerts again, with someone who shares that passion and, in that regard, it's become our song. Thanks, Mr. Poltz, for playing it for us.


Set list: (courtesy of Rob Hanning)

Set 1

Going Up the Country (Canned Heat cover)
Music Box
California Krikor's Waltz
This Rice Looks Like a Butterfly
Special Heshial
Everybody Needs Rain (improv)
WWGD
Moon River
Medical Career
The Hargrove Situation
Dahmer's Song

Freebasin' Celery
Sugar Boogers
Super Taco Dilemma
Dreams #2
Things You Should Know About Me
Killing Myself To Be With You

Set 2:
You Remind Me Who I Am (dedicated to me and Dave!)
If It Feels Right (this and the above he co-wrote with Anya Marina)
You Were Meant for Me (song he co-wrote with his ex-girlfriend, Jewel)
A Million Miles Away

Look to the East / Good Morning
Murder Isn't Funny
Space in Steve's Head
Salt Suit

Watching the Elephants Dance
Spider & Bumblebee
Medicine
I Faked My Life
Dick's Automotive

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home