club D

I'm a 38-year-old gal, living in the Washington, DC area, who loves going to concerts of all kinds. My blog tracks most shows I attend. Hope you enjoy, and feel free to comment!

Saturday, February 10, 2007

My Kind of Post-Punk

I was going mad a few months ago trying to find a local band that fit my definition of post-punk but could only come up with Fugazi-(and, gulp, AC/CD-) inspired hardcore bands. At the time, I was writing an article on whether there's a post-punk revival and even the local punk record label here offered little help. Maybe the type I was looking for was only in NY and LA...

Then, last night at Iota, as I watched a band called The Sounds of Kaleidoscope, I thought, "where the hell were you guys a few months ago?!" I was mesmerized. I felt transported to a little club in Manchester (not that I've ever been to Manchester). It was Brit-pop tinged punk and I was a content little shoegazer.

Post-punk lives. Look out for these DC blokes. They will rock your world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home